How to take product photos
In today's world, with the booming online sales market, sales photos of products are becoming a key element of successful e-commerce. When consumers browse products online, their purchasing decisions are often influenced by the visual perception of the product. In this article, we will tell you how to take product photos for ozon and other marketplaces, which will help you stand out in the market and increase sales.
Why is it important to use high-quality photos?
High-quality selling product photographs are important for several reasons:
- First visual impressions matter a lot when shopping online, and high-quality images help get your product noticed by potential buyers.
- When product photos are clear and detailed, you can see its texture, color, shape and other details. This creates trust and confidence that the product matches the image.
- Potential clients tend to trust brands that provide high-quality images, and this can increase the level of trust in your company.
- Selling images can increase conversions, which means increasing the number of visitors to your site who actually make a purchase.
- The desire to purchase a product may arise if the image conveys its value and benefits.
- When all the photography in your online store is of a high standard, it creates a consistent visual experience for your brand, which builds recognition and trust.
What should a selling photo be like?
The sales photo should pique the interest of potential buyers and convince them that the product is worth purchasing. Here are the key characteristics that a selling photo should have:
- The photo must be clear and high quality. The resolution must be high enough to allow customers to see the details of the product.
- The photo should be well lit so that the product looks bright and attractive.
- The product should be placed in the center of the frame. The composition must be successful to highlight its advantages.
- It is better to make the background of the photo neutral and not distract attention from the product.
- Provide multiple angles of the product so customers can get a complete picture of it.
- Details matter. Get close to the product so customers can see its texture, color and features.
- Demonstrate use. If possible, show how the product is used in real life.
- Professional editing. After taking the photo, you need to edit it, adjust the brightness, contrast, color palette and eliminate minor defects.
- The photo should evoke emotions in viewers. It should make them want to purchase the product.
- If you have multiple product photos, they should be consistent in style and overall appearance.
Prepare the product
Please make sure your item is in excellent condition before taking photos. Remove dust, scratches or other defects that may be visible in photographs. This will create a positive first impression with potential buyers.
Choose the right equipment
You will need a good camera. Although modern smartphones can take clear photos, a professional DSLR camera is still preferable. Also keep in mind that light and background play an important role. Use good lighting and choose a neutral background that will not distract attention from the product.
Work on your composition
Place your product in the center of the frame and experiment with shooting angles. You can use different angles to showcase the product from different angles. Don't forget about balance and symmetry.
Focus on details
Get close to the product to demonstrate its texture, color and features. Potential buyers want to see what they are getting, so pay attention to the small details.
Retouch your photos
Before making a product catalog with photos , edit the photos to improve their quality. You can adjust brightness, contrast, color palette and eliminate minor defects. Remember that retouching should not be excessive to maintain a natural look.
It is important to remember that a selling photo is not only about a beautiful picture, but also about conveying the value and benefits of the product. It should be informative and persuasive, helping potential customers make the right choice.